It's been over a month since my last blog post... I'M BACK! Today's homegrown blog post is all about my Holy Land pilgrimage. I think I'll just start out by saying if you have not been to the Holy Land YOU MUST GO! It was one of the highlights of my walk with Christ. Knowing that we were where He was born & raised, walked & taught, lived & died and was resurrected... seriously, you must go. After ten days in Israel we made the journey to Egypt for the remainder our of time. The Burning Bush, The Red Sea, & finally The Great Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza were all highlights of Egypt. Below you will find my top fifteen photos from our pilgrimage, plus a full photo gallery. Take a look & enjoy!
From the Table to the World,
My Top Fifteen:
15. The Great Sphinx [Giza]
14. Now death where is your sting? [The Garden Tomb]
13. Where Jesus clothes were divided & sold between the soldiers. [Church of the Holy Sepulchre]
12. Moses' Mountain [Mount Sinai]
11. "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." -Matthew 5:44 [The Mount of Beatitudes]
10. A beautiful mural of our Lord found underground. [Bethesda]
9. [The Upper Room]
8. [Church of Saint Catherine]
7. Over looking Herod's land from inside the walls of Masada. [Masada]
6. Camel + The Great Pyramids of Giza *swoon* [Giza]
5. The three major religions of Jerusalem[Christianity, Judaism, Islam] are represented in this photo. The wall of the Old City[Judaism], Crusader Era arches[Christianity] & Al- Aqsa Mosque's dome[Islam]. Cool huh??
4. The Holy City seen from The Mount of Olives. [The Mount of Olives]
3. Prayer time [The Mount of Beatitudes]
2. The lighting & the reverence in this photo moves me every time. [Church of the Holy Sepulchre]
DRUM ROLL PLEASE... My favorite photo is...
1. "It is finished." Thank you Jesus for your perfect love and our holy pilgrimage. [The Church of All Nations]